Thursday, February 16, 2017

V-Days Plans: Power Remix

Here we have the cake that I tried to bake...
an obvious fail. 
Ahhhhh Valentine's Day. A day of happiness if
you're coupled or happily single and a day of sadness if you're single against your wishes. How did you all spend your Valentine's Day? Well folks, I spent my Valentines day evening taking a test, failing to bake a heart shape cake, and most importantly taking another fitness class! Wooo hooo! (I will insert a picture of the cake just so you can witness my failure)

This week, on the national day of love, I attended Power Remix. Slight digression. I read this quote that resonated with me on the way to fitness class: "Self-love is the most important kind of love." Working out is a form of self-love (mixed with a little self-hate a times) because you are taking actions to care for yourself and put time in for your own wellbeing. So therefore I believe my Valentine's day was well spent.

Courtesy of PicMonkey
Back to Power Remix. After last weeks grimace-inducing experience, I was in the mood for something lighter, happier, and with less overall destruction to my muscles. All of my friends always raved about this "Power Remix" dance class and it seemed like the perfect fit. A cool drink after last weeks burn.

Power remix is a 45 minute exercise class in which you dance to songs. Thats right, you get a workout by dancing and it is so fun!!! The class is a combination of new hits and some well known oldies paired with unique sets of workout based choreography. I'll be honest, I am definitely not the most elegant or coordinated dancer on the block so I was a little hesitant about going to this class. Lesson learned to not be afraid! The steps are easy to learn and it is truly a judge-free zone. Even if you struggle with the move at first, it is repetitive so you will get it eventually.

Action shot from Power Remix Class
Credit
As far as difficulty of workout goes, its more of a fun stress relief activity than a physically tasking workout. I paired it with a run after and it was a perfect combination! On a rest day, an easy work out day, or just something to make you happy, I would definitely recommend it.

I took the class on Tuesday from 2:30-3:15 in the White Building. Because it is such a popular class there are multiple times in many different buildings around campus. To find a class that fits your schedule, visit here.

Let me know if have ever attended this class and if you loved it as much as I did! I would recommend this class to everyone! Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like my kind of valentine's day! I have never tried the class but your description of it as a stress reliver might convince me! Great post, can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake reminds me of the one and only time I tried to bake. The fire department arrived at my house, so we'll just say it wasn't a win. But my friends have always told me that these classes are so fun! I just haven't gotten around to trying it yet! Sounds like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alot of people say that dancing is a great form of exercise. However my dancing skills are not up to par so I think I'd go to the treadmill before a dance class although it does sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to this class and I never plan to becuase I'm the worst dancer on the block! Really good post, though, it was fun and entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I 100% agree that it's a stress reliever! Even as a horrible dancer, I go once a week just to have some fun after my workout and I'm glad you enjoyed it too!

    ReplyDelete